Wells Fargo has launched their 2 new cards with American Express. A few people have reported on MyFico forums some difficulty in getting approved without a banking relationship, but YMMV. There is a checking account sign-up bonus out there if you can be patient and want to have a banking relationship first.
Propel World looks to be going after the Amex Gold audience w/the 3x airlines & $100 airline credit. I like the Propel World card! I’m considering applying in a couple months after opening a checking account.
40k points after $3k spend in 3 mo. $0 Ann fee 1st year, $175 after.
- No foreign currency conversion fees
- Up to $100 per year in reimbursements toward incidental airline charges
- Complimentary room upgrades and more from the Luxury Hotel Program
- 3X points on Airlines, 2X points on Hotels, 1X point on all other net purchases (purchases minus returns/credits)
20k points after $3k spend in 3 mo. $0 Ann fee 1st year, $45 after.
- 3X points at U.S. Gas Stations, 2X points at U.S. Restaurants, and 1X point on all other net purchases (purchases minus returns/credits).
- You will earn an annual bonus of 10%, 25% or 50% more on non-bonus rewards points if you maintain a qualifying consumer Wells Fargo Checking or Savings Account, or PMA® Package.
- Your points do not expire, and there is no cap on how much you can earn.
From looking at the rewards site, points can be cashed out at 1cpp for gift cards or cash as long as you redeem at least $25. Smaller increments for lower value.
Scott from Hack My Trip has a post knocking the program awhile ago b/c points expire in 5 years regardless of usage, but that his dad could redeem for travel at 1.75cpp w/minimum redemption of 25,000 points.http://hackmytrip.com/2013/01/decept…ewards-points/
If that’s still true, 43,000 sign-up bonus points are worth $752.50 in travel. I couldn’t search the rewards site for travel options without an account though :/ Anybody know?