UPDATED Nov 11th, 2013
Below you will find what I consider to be the “Top Deals” available on the market right now for earning frequent flyer miles.
If you want free flights & hotels, this is the best page to be on!
I will do my absolute best to make sure all offers below are the best to my knowledge, and current. Please comment at the bottom of the page or e-mail me if you find a better offer, or have questions! Some cards pay me a referral if you apply through my link and are approved, but I will always post the best offer available that I’m aware of – whether it is my link or not! As always, email me with any questions and thank you for supporting this site by using my links!
As always, I recommend that you know your credit score and know what’s in your credit report before applying for any of these cards. The general rule of thumb is that most of these premium rewards cards should be applied for by people with credit scores above 700 and great credit reports. People new to credit cards, young people, students, and people with low scores can see student cards available at the bottom of the page. To learn more about your credit score, & what’s in your credit report, read my 3 post series here:
These are credit cards! Be responsible. Pay your bills on time. Earn Miles. Get free flights. Repeat.
TOP DEALS THAT AREN’T CREDIT CARDS:
- Earn up to 50,000 Delta Skymiles, 50,000 United Mileageplus miles, 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage miles, up to a $500 Apple Giftcard, or 200 free stock trades all from Fidelity Investments. You can only get ONE of these deals every 12 months now. You used to be able to “cycle” funds by depositing and withdrawing money to boost the amount you’ve deposited. Now you cannot do that. You have to just deposit the entire amount. If you withdraw money, it counts against the amount deposited.
TOP PERSONAL CREDIT CARD DEALS:
- 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage Miles from the Citibank Platinum AA Visa credit card after spending $3,000 in 3 months. Receive 10% of your redeemed miles back each year up to 10k miles. Earn 1 mile per dollar spent on purchases, & 2 miles per dollar on AA flights. No Annual Fee first year, $95 after. **Ever changing rules on churning this card. General assumption as of 8/29/13 is that you can get a new personal card 12-26 months (avg 18 months) after applying for a personal card before. Stay up to date with this Flyertalk thread**
VISA - CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Mastercard – CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- 40,000 Ultimate Rewards points for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature credit card after spending $3,000 in 3 months. Earn 2 points per dollar on all travel & dining spend, 1 point per dollar on everything else. You also earn a 7% annual bonus on all points earned. No Annual Fee first year, and NO foreign transaction fees! Ultimate Rewards points transfer at a 1:1 ratio to United, Southwest, British Airways, Hyatt, Marriott, Priority Club, Amtrak & more… Aside from transferring your points, you can also book travel on the Ultimate Rewards site for a value of 1.25 cents per mile, so a $200 flight would only cost 16,000 miles. This card is always in my wallet, and is easily one of my all-time favorite credit cards for traveling! 40K VISA SIGNATURE – CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- $440 in free travel!! Aka 40,000 Barclays Arrival points from the World Mastercard after spending $1,000 in 3 months. Arrival points are some of the easiest points to redeem that I’ve ever used. They can be redeemed for any travel booked on your credit card as a statement credit for example – flights, rental car, hotel, cruise, travel agency, etc… You earn 2 points per $1 spent on everything and you also get 10% of the points back that you redeem, so this is actually worth over 46,000 points after making the minimum spend and getting points back when redeeming! I have this card personally and love it. No Annual Fee first year, $89 after. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
NO ANNUAL FEE EVER VERSION 20,000 POINTS AFTER $1K SPEND 3 MONTHS, CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- 35,000 US Airways Dividend Miles from the Barclays Premier World Mastercard after your FIRST PURCHASE! No Annual Fee first year. 10,000 miles for every account anniversary, earn 2 miles per dollar on US Airways purchases & 1 mile per $ on everything else. 10,000 miles towards elite status, two $99 companion tickets annually, preferred check in & boarding, 1 club pass, & a 5,000 mile discount on awards for being a preferred cardmember so a 25,000 mile award flight only costs you 20,000 miles, etc… CLICK HERE TO APPLY (this is not my link but has worked for me and others according to this FT Thread)
- 50,000 Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles or 100,000 Hilton HHonors from the Bank of America Virgin America – American Express credit card. Virgin miles transfer at a 1:2 ratio to Hilton! Earn 20,000 Flying Club miles after your first purchase, and an additional 25,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,500 in 90 days, and 5,000 miles for adding an authorized user. Earn 3 miles per $1 spent on Virgin Atlantic flights, & 1.5 miles per $1 on all other purchases. Annual fee of $90 (not waived). CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- 50,000 Hilton HHonors points from the American Express Hilton credit card after spending $750 in the first 3 months. There’s No Annual Fee EVER on this card, so you can keep it open forever and extend the history on your credit report! You get complimentary silver status at Hilton for the life of the card. You earn 6 Hilton points per $1 spent at Hilton, supermarkets, drug stores, gas stations, cell/cable/tv, and 3 Hilton points per $1 spent everywhere else. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
TOP BUSINESS CREDIT CARD DEALS:
- 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage Miles from the Citibank Business AA Mastercard credit card after spending $3,000 in 3 months. Receive 10% of your redeemed miles back each year up to 10k miles. Earn 1 mile per dollar spent on purchases, & 2 miles per dollar on AA flights. No Annual Fee first year, $95 after. LANDING PAGE CLICK HERE TO APPLY
*Not a big spender? 35,000 Miles AA Biz card after spending $1,500 in 3 months
- 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points from the Chase Ink Bold Business CHARGE card (No Pre-Set spending limit) after spending $5,000 in 3 months. Points transfer instantly at a 1:1 ratio to: United, Southwest, Hyatt, Marriott, Priority Club, British Airways, Ritz Carlton etc. See more at www.ultimaterewards.com Earn 5 points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent at office supply stores, cable/wireless service/landline communications, and 2 points per $1 on the first $50,000 spent on gas/hotels, & 1 point per $1 spent everywhere else. No Foreign Transaction Fee, and No Annual Fee first year. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- ANOTHER 50,000 Ultimate Rewards points from the same offer as above, but this is the Ink PLUS CREDIT CARD (not charge card). Same terms – after spending $5,000 in 3 months. Yes, you are allowed to have BOTH versions! CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- 25,000 Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) points from the American Express SPG business credit card after spending $5,000 in 6 months. Points are transferable to a large number of airlines at a 1:1 ratio with a 5,000 point bonus for every 20,000 points you transfer, including: American Airlines, British Airways, US Airways, Virgin, Delta, Hawaiian, & more! Also redeemable at Starwood hotels for free nights or cash & points including luxury SPG brands like Sheraton, Westin, St Regis, W Hotels, Le Meridien, etc.. Earn up to 5 points per $1 spent at Starwood hotels, & 1 mile per $1 everywhere else. No Annual Fee first year. Please email me David@travelandcredit.com with your first/last name so I can refer you for this card, and I will receive a bonus as well that would be much appreciated! This is one of my all-time favorite cards. If not, this is the link to apply.
STUDENT / LOW CREDIT SCORE CARDS:
- Discover It Student Card - A great beginners credit card for college students with little/no credit with surprisingly AMAZING benefits! Earn 5% cashback on rotating categories and 1% cash back on ALL purchases! No annual fee. No overlimit fee. No pay-by-phone fee. No foreign transaction fee. And no late fee for your first late payment. Plus they won’t raise your APR for paying late. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
I am not a licensed financial adviser, and everything stated on this website is strictly opinion. Opinions expressed on this website are strictly opinions, and should not be acted on by any user. You take full responsibility of your actions and deem both David Morrison, and Travel and Credit LLC exempt of all liabilities resulting from your actions.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
Travel and Credit has financial relationships with some of the cards mentioned here, and Travel and Credit may be compensated if consumers choose to apply for these links in our content and ultimately sign up for them.
* See the online credit card application for details about terms and conditions. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the “Apply Now” button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the issuer’s website.
Discover is a paid advertiser of Travel and Credit